Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Part I: My Homemade Holiday Candies

I haven't posted for a while and I really don't have any excuses, unless you count being addicted to the television show 'Law and Order'. It's streaming on Netflix and I can't seem to stop watching it, therefore no time for anything somewhat productive. Yes, I may be addicted to crime TV, but I finally shut it off to tell you about my holiday treats. I made SO many different things this year and I couldn't choose which treat I liked the best, so I decided to give you a list of some of my favorites with a link to the original recipe. This first post is just of the candies that I thought turned out to be quite tasty. Most of my recipes this year came from Martha Stewart. Even though her recipes are sometimes difficult and don't always turn out, her golden caramel recipe is probably the best thing I made this holiday season.

I'm planning on doing a separate post on the holiday cookies I made, so stay tuned! I know Christmas is over, but you can always try these recipes now or save them until next year. All of the recipes I'm posting work great and I had zero problems with them! Shocking, I know. Hope you enjoy. 


Golden Caramels

Honey-Pecan Granola

Cherry, Almond and Cinnamon Granola

Peanut Brittle
Old-Fashioned Butter Crunch Candy

Chocolate-Covered Almond Pralines

Creamy Peanut Butter Cup















Hope you had a happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment